Never admit you are skinny enough.
2. Binges should only occur a maximum of once every six weeks and must be kept private, if you expect perfection. Purging and excessive exercise MUST follow… otherwise, you're a failure.
3. Never let your stomach growl. You can control it.
4. 10 glasses of water a day, 10 sticks of gum, 10 diet sodas, and 10 cups of black coffee must be consumed on a regular basis for your perfect body's essential needs.
5. Wrist bones are infatuation. Ribs are sexy. Collar bones are beautiful. Hip bones are love. Back bones are submission, but the two bones that connect your ankle to your foot, those are perfection.
6. Flat stomachs are banned; concave stomachs are the only kind acceptable.
7. Fast at least 5-7 days every month, and exercise 7 days a week, at least 2 hours a day.
8. Weigh yourself at least three times a day and hate yourself no matter what the number is.
9. Never give up on what you want most. Ana loves you only if you're thin.
10. Recovery is a sin… but sins are forgiven. Remember obesity is a crime and crimes are on your permanent record FOREVER. (Source: theanabelles.blogspot.co.uk)
These are the thin laws, and it's this kind of madness which fuels the misunderstanding of anorexia. Most people with eating disorders do not think like this. You may think that doesn't make sense at all, but trust me: the Ana Belles and their 'thin laws' are utterly misguided, and I don't agree with a single one. I may have spent several years living on '10 sticks of gum, 10 diet sodas and 10 cups of black coffee' but I've never referred to anorexia as 'ana'. It's a terrible addiction, not a sister or a friend.