The Truth About CarbohydratesAre carbohydrates fattening? Does sugar make kids hyperactive? Are fiber supplements just as good as the real thing? The questions and myths surrounding carbohydrates abound. But with this book, The American Dietetic Association sets the record straight. You will discover:
* How carbohydrates affect your weight, mood, and physical performance
* How fiber helps to reduce the risk for heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems
* Why high-protein diets are based on pseudo-science
* Why high-carbohydrate, low-fat diets are best for weight loss and weight management
* How to get the optimum amount of carbohydrates every day
* And much more!
This book not only will help you understand the role of carbohydrates in diet and health, it will guide you in planning a healthful diet for you and your family.