English for Life Learner’s Book Grade 8 for the Intermediate Phase is an integrated language and literature series for Home Language. It offers a wide selection of texts and activities that cover all the requirements of the latest National Assessment Statement.
• follows a learner-centred approach that includes self-, peer and group work and assessment
• enables learners to arrive at and demonstrate insight and understanding through active participation, discussion and negotiation
• develops effective communication strategies and language skills, which are integrated and related to real-life situations, allowing learners to converse spontaneously and to deliver speeches
• challenges, encourages and supports learners in the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of their own learning
• develops critical awareness of spoken and written language and of visual texts
• provides a wide range of study notes and integrated language activities
• provides opportunities to plan and write a variety of transactional and creative texts
• guides learners to relate to what they read and to how they view the world they live in.