Dan Pontefract is on a mission to change the world of work. Lead. Care. Win is his fourth book, and like the previous three is the product of relentless focus, observations and research that have led him to define 9 insightful yet super-practical leadership lessons. His latest thinking will help you become a more caring and engaging leader, one that will fully (and completely) understand the critical importance of crafting meaningful, respectful relationships among all your stakeholders.
Every human interaction is crucial. Every exchange can be mutually beneficial.
These 9 leadership lessons center on your willingness to improve how you treat people, a call for meaningful change to:
• Be relatable and empathetic
• Act not out of ego but out of purpose
• Share knowledge to build a wise organization
• Stay present and attentive to the needs of others
• Embrace change and the opportunity for growth it offers
• Stay curious and adopt lifelong learning
• Think and act with clarity
• Commit to balance and inclusivity in all your dealings
• Act with humility and thoughtfulness
The bottom line is that when you care enough to champion others, the workplace becomes happily infectious and the organization benefits in more ways than one.
It’s time to care. Full potential is possible.