Insight Guides Pocket Riga
Let us guide you on every step of your travels…
The definitive pocket-sized travel guide.
Compact, concise and packed full of essential information about where to go and what to do, this is the ideal on-the-move travel guide for exploring Riga. From top tourist attractions like the Dome Cathedral, the Swedish Gate, Central Market and the Freedom Monument, to cultural gems, including the Open-Air Ethnographic Museum, the Art Nouveau District and St John's Church, plan your perfect trip with this practical, all-in-one travel guide.
Features of this travel guide to Riga:
- Inspirational itineraries: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, highlighted with stunning photography
- Historical and cultural insights: delve into the city's rich history and culture, and learn all about the Great Guild, the Riga Circus, the Powder Tower and the architect Mikhail Eisenstein and his son, the filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein.
- Practical full-colour map: with every major attraction highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: from transport to tipping, we've got you covered
- Covers: the Northern and Southern halves of Old Riga, the City Centre, Moscow District, the Left Bank, outlying areas and day trips to Jumala, Sigulda and the Bauska Region.
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Latvia? Check out Insight Guides Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.