An inspiring, realistic guide to adopting purebred rescues
Each year, millions of purebred dogs are given up by their owners for a varietyof reasons. Thanks to the recovery and rehabilitative efforts of rescueorganizations, many of these dogs are saved--and go on to become extraordinarycompanion animals.
Now, Purebred Rescue Dog Adoption helps you decide ifadopting a purebred rescue dog is right for you. Professional dog trainer andpurebred rescue expert Liz Palika explains how to locate local and nationalrescue groups, what you can expect in the adoption process--and from your rescuedog--and how to help your dog make a successful transition to your “foreverhome.” Palika also helps you:
* Choose whether to adopt a puppy or an adult, male or female
* Prepare your house, yard and family for the new arrival
* Handle housetraining with care
* Teach your adoptee how to behave with other people
* Understand and work through problem behaviors
* Get involved with purebred dog rescue yourself
Complete with a list of up-to-date Internet resources,Purebred Rescue Dog Adoption tells you just what you need to know to make theright match while saving a dog--and feel wonderful about it!