Don't think thin, think whole.
Your Whole Life is the book you need if . . .
• You have trouble coping with the demands on your life
• You're tired of being obsessed with your weight
• You're not interested in another diet program – you're interested in eating right
• You know exercise is important to your health, but you don't know how or when to do it • You wish you could enjoy your life and the beauty around you • You desire the freedom that comes from self-acceptance
• You want to experience the love of God in your daily life
Your Whole Life: The 3D Plan for Eating Right, Living Well, and Loving God is a 12-week journey to wholeness. In this book, Carol tells her own story and gives the spiritual foundation of the 3D plan, with new understanding for today. With honesty, realism, and encouragement, Your Whole Life provides weekly nutritional goals, a do-able exercise plan, tips for living well, daily spiritual readings, and more.
Nutritionist Maggie Davis gives you the knowledge and the tools to eat right for your whole life, incorporating a method of self-assessment and gradual behavior change that she has used in her practice with individuals and groups for nearly 35 years. She explores the “why's” of eating, the four types of hunger (stomach, eye, heart, or mind), how to determine daily caloric needs and portions, and ways to deal with obstacles and challenges.
Special features include:
• Tips for good lunch habits
• Tips for men
• New ways to express love with food
• 10 strategies to help you eat right for your whole life
Praise for Your Whole Life
“This book combines sound nutrition information with effective models of behavior change, using an approach for helping individuals make life long changes and providing the information to do so.”
-Sue Cummings, MS, RD, LDN Clinical Programs Coordinator, Massachusetts General Hospital Weight Center
“As a woman of a certain age (and a changing metabolism!), I appreciate Showalter's and Davis' honesty about nutrition and exercise for bodies of all ages, and their slow and steady approach. … This book helps you realize that you are not alone!”
-Rev. Dr. Deborah L. Patterson, Executive Director, Deaconess Parish Nurse Ministries