Your Happy Healthy Pet
The authoritative information and advice you need, illustrated throughout with full-color photographs--now revised and redesigned to be even more reader-friendly!
With a chirpy “voice” and quirky personality, the cockatiel is the most popular companion bird. Cockatiels are not big talkers, but most can whistle. This fun guide will help you from the initial “get acquainted” period throughout your bird's life with information on:
* Selecting a healthy bird
* Setting up a healthy and stimulating home
* Feeding, grooming, and veterinary care
* The unique behaviors of cockatiels
* Getting small children and cockatiels to coexist peacefully
* Teaching your bird to do tricks
With their amusing antics, cockatiels provide live entertainment and a welcome release from everyday stress. You provide proper care, and they'll provide great companionship for years!