FOR NEARLY 150 years, the Review and Herald has been the official church paper of the Seventh-day Adventist people. A paper, The Present Truth, was first printed in August 1849. In 1851 the name was changed to Second Advent Review and Sabbath Herald. Over the decades the church paper has carried a number of names, and as of 2012 it is simply Adventist Review. Our “church paper”actually preceded, by fourteen years, the official organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1863.
From its inception, throughout her life, the messenger of the Lord, Ellen G. White, used the Review and Herald as one of the main avenues of communicating God’s counsels to His remnant people. During that sixty-six year span nearly 2,000 messages by God of direction, reproof, and inspiration were published in the Review and Herald. This present edition has all of her articles, published through 1915, unabridged in four volumes.