There are various reasons people have to venture into building a guitar, cost, unrestrained creativity, curiosity and more.
– all Stratocaster components, how to get them and what pitfalls to watch out for
– how to convert that heap of metal and wood to a great instrument
– minimum set of tools, suitable for the one-time builder
– how to set up the result (neck relief, radius, intonation, playability etc)
– overview of serial numbers and dating of Fender guitars as aid when buying stuff.
– extended info on guitar electronics and the famous 5switch workings.
– some more subjects of interest; frets, tonewood, common problems, making a new nut etc.
Be adventurous and build your own, it's fun!