In each section, you have to do several different tasks. These include:
• Answering multiple choice questions
• Writing short answer to questions
• Completing sentences, notes, a summary, a flow chart or a table
• Labelling a diagram
• Classifying ideas into different categories
• Matching (e.g. headings to paragraphs or people to ideas)
• Deciding if ideas or opinions are correct, incorrect or not given
The questions test a variety of reading skills including your ability to do the following:
• Identify the writer’s overall purpose.
• Follow key arguments in a text.
• Identify opinions and attitudes.
• Locate specific information.
• Distinguish main ideas from supporting details.
• Extract information from a text to complete a diagram, summary, table or set of notes.