Red Hen's promotional efforts for this title will include: • Packaged ARC mailing 4–6 months pre pub date to a core list of 30+ reviewers, booksellers, media contacts, professors, and librarians (package includes 2–7 other titles from the C list in the same season that fit together in some way), with a focus on publications dealing with suicide and mental illness.
• Individualized ARC and/or finished copy mailings to 20–30 of author’s requested personal or professional contacts
• Awards submissions
• Programming author in Red Hen’s East Coast and West Coast events series
• Featured signing slot at Red Hen’s Association of Writers and Writing Programs annual booth
• Inclusion in Red Hen’s online and print catalog
• Sharing of author/book news and events on Red Hen’s social and digital media platforms
• Encouraging the author to hold a national tour, or at least a regional tour; write articles for pitching; reach out to book clubs; visit local bookstores and libraries; send eblasts to personal contacts asking for Goodreads and Amazon reviews, visits to local bookstores encouraging an IndieNext List nomination, advance copies purchases, and sharing about the book to their networks; have an active website and social media presence.