The classic bestselling guide to pregnancy and childbirth, thoroughly revised and updatedHighly regarded and relied upon for more than twenty years, this authoritative guide is the ultimate resource if you are or hope to become pregnant. Now in a new edition that covers the latest medical advances, Understanding Pregnancy and Childbirth answers all your questions, addressing both the medical and emotional issues in a clear, reassuring way.
Drs. Sheldon Cherry and Douglas Moss cover everything from preconception to postpartum care, dispelling the myths and revealing the latest advancements that help to ensure a successful and enjoyable pregnancy. They explain how the fetus develops, the different stages of labor, and the current trends in childbirth, and they also address the special needs of pregnant women over age thirty-five.
This updated edition also features:
* The latest information on preconception care, including genetic testing and vaccination programs
* New treatments for both male and female infertility
* New guidelines for exercise during pregnancy
* The latest on first-trimester screening for fetal anomalies, postpartum depression, and medications during pregnancy
* Guidance in successfully managing multiple births
Comprehensive, comforting, and reliable, Understanding Pregnancy and Childbirth is your indispensable pregnancy companion.