That's one of the most dreaded questions children ask. This book helps you give the right answer--even if that answer is “no.” It reminds you that getting a dog is making a commitment, and that an adorable, little puppy can turn into a boisterous, big dog. It helps you take a realistic look at your family situation and the challenges and rewards of dog ownership so you can objectively answer questions such as:
* Is your lifestyle suitable for a family dog?
* What is involved with responsible dog ownership, and how much will it cost?
* How much can you reasonably count on the kids to help once the newness of owning a dog has worn off?
* What breed or mix will best fit your family?
* How do you find the right dog?
* How do you train the dog?
If you decide to take the plunge and get a Chihuahua, Rottweiler, Poodle, Golden Retriever, Dachshund, or mixed breed, “Please, Oh Please Can We Get a Dog?” helps you get off to a good start so you and your kids can experience the joys of dog ownership for years to come.