Chickens Are Smarter Than You Think
Your chicken can do anything a dog can do if you train it right! Hens and roosters can be ordered go to the coop, perch on your arm, come when called, and generally respond and behave as you wish. This book presents an effective training program to get domesticated chickens to follow a variety of commands. Animal behavior specialist Giene Keyes shows how to use the positive reinforcement of clicker training to effectively manage your flock. Giene explains how a chicken thinks and socializes, expanding the range of what you may know about communicating with animals. Dog owners especially will find that working with chickens helps sharpen observation and timing skills that keep your animal engaged. Training chickens is fun too! Amaze your friends as your birds perform tricks like circling a cone, turning around, sitting down, and recognizing colors and patterns.
Inside Click with Your Chick
· Understand and connect with your chickens to effectively manage your flock
· Clicker-train your chickens to follow fun and practical commands
· Discover how a chicken thinks and socializes, and how to make that knowledge work in your favor
· Learn how to use operant conditioning, luring, and positive training methods on hens and roosters
· Gain insight for training any animal by improving observation skills and timing