Building your own guitar is fun – firstly – and secondly you may end up with a good custom PBass for a good price.
But, if you want – you can build a super high-end guitar a bit more or incredibly more expensive. Your choice!
If you have all the parts and no disastrous mismatches then you can construct and setup your guitar in under 4 hours.
– all Precision Bass components, how to get them and what pitfalls to watch out for
– how to convert that heap of metal and wood to a great instrument
– minimum set of tools, suitable for the one-time builder
– how to set up the result (neck relief, radius, intonation, playability etc)
– overview of serial numbers and dating of Fender guitars as aid when buying stuff
– guitar electronics
– some more subjects of interest; frets, tonewood, common problems, making a new nut etc.
The book has been written on basis of a number of projects done by the author (that's me) with some 100 photographs in colour.
Have fun, Bert