Foreword by Dean Ornish MD This is your CRASH CART! Inside this pocket-sized book you will find everything you need to survive Medical Residency.
It offers 50 concise, easy-to-digest nuggets of wisdom that will make your life better both in and out of the hospital. It's meant to be read wherever you are: between rounds, on the train, when you are feeling like you are going to crack. Nothing in life prepares you for Residency, but this book will give you life-saving tips and tricks, including how to:
• Get “3 hours” worth of sleep in minutes
• Get a work-out in 4 minutes
• Make 3 meals in under 10 minutes
• Manage your time when you have no time
• Shake off bad mojo
• Manage stress like a Samurai
• And 44 more power-packed simple things!
Dr. Ben Brown is an award winning writer, teacher and humanitarian. He is Director of Integrative Medicine, Global Medicine and Career Development at one of the UCSF Residency programs. In his work and life he is here to serve by remembering to have fun and love all.