AUDIENCE FOR BOOK:
• Inventors looking to protect their ideas.
• Developers considering a proposal or submission.
• Business owners wanting to expand a product line.
• Researchers, educators, and anyone else interested in locating patent records.
REASONS TO BUY THIS NEW EDITION:
• This is a comprehensive guide to assessing the novelty of an idea and preparing for, conducting, and narrowing patent searches.
• The book provides an in-depth explanations of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office practices on inventions, and instructions on comparing your idea to what’s already out there.
• It includes the latest search-related resources and implications of the recent first-to-file rules.