• Parents who are separating/divorcing and want to reach an agreement on how to share their parenting rights and responsibilities
• Parents who want to create their own Parenting Agreement (also called a Parenting Plan or Child Custody Agreement) and stay out of court
• Professionals (therapists, attorneys, mediators, custody evaluators) that work with parents on custody and visitation issues
• Family law court staff and personnel that assist self-represented parties
REASONS TO BUY THIS NEW EDITION:
• This guide provides practical advice on how to create your own parenting agreement, including a sample form agreement and worksheets to help you negotiate and resolve essential terms, with or without the help of professionals.
• This book contains updated custody laws for all 50 states and D.C. in easy-to-use charts.
• This book provides a sample parenting agreement, with easy to use clauses—readers can pick and choose relevant language to develop a customized agreement that’s exactly right for their needs.
• This book is for all types of families—married or unmarried, separated or divorced, traditional and nontraditional.