* More than 80 hikes suitable for kids and parents, accessible from urban areas
* Trails range in length from less than a mile to nearly 6 miles, with optional turn-around points
* Handy sidebars with information on animals, plants, geology, and fun activities to do with kids on the hike
* Special emphasis on trail highlights with child appeal
* Graphic, two-color layout provides key data at a glance
Search for frogs and turtles in a pond, stay in a cabin, visit a nature center, see waterfalls, or discover abundant wildlife. These are just a few of the activities outlined in Best Hikes with Kids Connecticut, Massachusetts, & Rhode Island. Hikes in this guidebook are suited for families and anyone looking for an easy outing. Each hike highlights points of interest and opportunities for kids to learn about nature on the trail. The hikes are rated easy to difficult for children.