This book describes how to find the parts with which a Telecaster is made and how to put these together creating a real “Recycled Guitar”.
– all Telecaster components, how to get them and what pitfalls to watch out for
– how to convert that heap of metal and wood to a great instrument
– minimum set of tools, suitable for the one-time builder
– how to set up the result (neck relief, radius, intonation, playability etc)
– overview of serial numbers and dating of Fender guitars as aid when buying stuff
– extended info on guitar electronics and the famous 5switch workings
– some more subjects of interest; frets, tonewood, common problems, making a new nut etc.
Building a Recycled Guitar or Frankie, gives you the unqiue opportunity to build and customize a guitar completely to your own wishes and budget.
Make your own dream come true and gain the confidence to upgrade any other guitar.
Bert van der Moer, 2011