Tag rugby, the RFU's official version of the game for under-7s and under-8s, is the perfect entry into the world of rugby. A non-contact sport, using Velcro-attached tags on a tag belt, it can be played safely by girls and boys together as young as five years old.
The second edition of this popular book, endorsed by the RFU, contains:
· the most up-to-date rules of play
· new exercises, drills, games and lesson plans
· tips for coaches and referees
· the how-to of funding and festivals
· guidelines for safeguarding children, and much more.
Using clear language and diagrams, Tag Rugby will improve your understanding of skill development and focus your coaching. It also contains advice for adapting drills and games to account for varying abilities and enabling disabled children to participate in the sport. With its primary mission to make the game fun and accessible to all — players, coaches, parents and spectators alike — this is an essential handbook for anyone involved in tag rugby.